Add products by adding codes
Can CBD be transported by plane?
CBD has recently become one of the most popular daily dietary supplements. It is used by many people in Poland and Europe. Consistency is important when using CBD, so often we can't imagine being without it on a daily basis, even when traveling. However, is it allowed to transport CBD by plane? In Poland, such oils are fully legal, but this does not mean that they can be transported without any restrictions to other countries.
Transporting CBD by plane
If CBD is legal in a given country, we should not have a problem bringing it on board the plane. However, remember to transport it in its original packaging with a label. This way, we will have all the information about the product if there is a control. Moreover, bottles with CBD oils are small, so they certainly will not exceed the allowed limit of 100 ml that can be brought on board. In case of excessive curiosity of the controller, you should inform about the origin of the product and present the leaflet included with the packaging containing information about the full composition and certificates. So transporting CBD by plane should not cause major difficulties if we remember a few rules.
Transporting CBD abroad
If we travel outside Europe, we should first familiarize ourselves with the legal regulations regarding CBD oils in a given country. It is important to get this information also about the country through which we will only pass, e.g. changing to another plane. The legality of many substances varies in many countries and it may turn out that transporting CBD to a country where we have a stopover is illegal and can cause unpleasant consequences. Examples of countries where very severe penalties apply (high fine) are Singapore or the Philippines. In these countries, all substances derived from hemp, regardless of their concentration, are completely illegal.
Where in Europe is CBD considered legal?
In Europe, CBD is legal in Switzerland and 14 European Union countries. However, these supplements must always be reported and have the appropriate permits.
In which countries is CBD therefore legal?
- Austria - prescription. You can still buy flowers, hashish or extracts from Indian hemp containing THC below 0.3% without a prescription. Belgium - prescription. Since 2019, CBD products (ointment, pills and oil) are available in pharmacies on prescription.
- Bulgaria - Bulgaria is the first country in Europe to allow the sale of CBD oils made from hemp.
- Croatia - Prescription marijuana is legal in Croatia.
- Cyprus - CBD in Cyprus is legal if it comes from industrial hemp. The THC concentration cannot exceed 0.2%. So traveling to Cyprus with CBD oil is safe.
- Czech Republic
- Finland - prescription
- Norway - prescription In which countries in Europe are CBD oils not legal?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina- all hemp products and by-products including CBD are illegal in Bosnia.
- Albania- the use of products derived from Indian hemp is prohibited. This is due to their widespread illegal cultivation and drug trafficking.
- Armenia- marijuana is illegal. People in possession of it can receive a high fine or even a two-month prison sentence. ·
- Andorra- is not a member of the European Union, so it does not have regulations regarding CBD. Indian hemp is prohibited, and its possession can be punished with a fine of 1200-1800 euros or imprisonment for up to 2 years.
- Belarus- has one of the most restrictive laws regarding the use of hemp.
Anyone caught in possession or cultivation of hemp can be sentenced to 5 years in prison. CBD oils at the airport and what to take with you? Of course, the most important thing is that our oil comes from a proven source and has the appropriate certificates confirming its legality. Remember that every liquid that we want to bring on board the plane is subject to appropriate regulations as to the permissible maximum capacity. If we plan to transport CBD in hand luggage, remember that the container cannot be too large (it can be a maximum of 100 ml). There should be no major problems in this matter, as CBD oils are usually bought in a capacity of about 30 ml. The bottle should be placed in a transparent packaging or bag along with other liquids that we carry. The whole cannot exceed 1 liter.