Add products by adding codes
Can you drive a car after taking CBD?
Studies have shown no negative effects of CBD on motor control or vision. It does not show an effect similar to alcohol, after which drivers' reaction time and concentration are reduced. CBD products do not show negative effects on driving like alcohol. These substances affect the body in different ways, with no common elements. Driving after taking CBD is therefore safe.
Does CBD affect perception?
Of course, CBD can show different effects especially on people who start consuming it. However, it is not a psychoactive or intoxicating effect. Driving and CBD - are there any contraindications? Drowsiness and excessive sedation may occur. Above all, however, CBD is not addictive in the way that THC is. Of course, there are some recommendations for driving, such as waiting a few hours after taking the product. However, it also all depends on the concentration and the form in which you take CBD. Regular use of hemp oils improves concentration and psychomotor performance. So, for drivers, this is an added benefit. Furthermore, CBD has been shown to enhance visual responses that are very important when driving. It activates the CB1R receptor and improves visual contrast in lower light conditions. So this is another argument in favour of CBD oil supplementation. However, as with medicines or other supplements, the effect of CBD is very individual. For example, if you experience excessive drowsiness after taking it, refrain from taking it before driving.
CBD oil - driving regulations in Poland
CBD is not a psychoactive substance and does not affect psychomotor performance or concentration. Studies show that cannabinoids can even improve them. So driving and CBD and its effects should not result in problems. However, it is worth noting that the oils may contain trace amounts of THC, which can last anywhere from three days to three months in the body. Furthermore, the amount of tetrahydrocannabinol is irrelevant and even a small amount can cause you to lose your driving licence. So, before we get behind the wheel, we should make sure that there is the allowed concentration of THC in our CBD. So what amount of CBD can we take before driving? Certified products can have less than 0.0002 mg of THC per litre. So in order for it to be detected in a drug test, we would need to consume as much as a whole litre of oil. Since the usual dose is 3-9 drops per day, the risk of detecting the presence of THC in the blood is low. CBD oil and driving in Europe Many countries have strict regulations on driving after taking CBD oil and medical marijuana. So, when travelling outside of Poland, it is important to check the current road regulations related to CBD. It should also be taken into account that THC present even in trace amounts in oils and defined as a psychoactive substance can remain in the blood for a long time.
So what do the regulations look like in some countries within Europe?
- Spain: CBD oils are allowed up to 0.2% THC, but driving under the influence of intoxicants is not allowed.
- France: CBD oil is allowed in France at or below 0.2% THC. The regulations are strict with regard to driving under the influence of drugs. The amount of THC in our preparation must therefore be low.
- Denmark: as of 2018, CBD oil is legal in Denmark provided it does not contain more than 0.2% THC.
- Italy: CBD oil is legal for use in Italy with THC levels up to 0.6%. However, given the strict laws on drugged driving, be sure the amount of THC is low.
- Sweden: this country has strict laws regarding the use of cannabis and even medicinal cannabis.
- UK: in the UK it is illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs, regardless of whether the product is legal or not. CBD products here should have less than 0.2 THC.