CBD oil - what is it and what to use it for?
Particular care for health means that we are looking for more and more efficient, better specifics that will allow us to effectively combat our ailments. Among such products you can find hemp oil, i.e. CBD oil. While more and more people are seeing the positive medical effects of cannabis, many people think that using CBD oil is no different than smoking marijuana. This is a completely misconception, which is best proven by the fact that CBD oil is completely legal in Europe.
What is CBD oil?
CBD oil is obtained from hemp, although there are actually different types of hemp. There are three varieties, which are classified depending on which part of the plant we get them from. We can obtain the oil from:
- seeds - it is a vegetable oil that significantly exceeds other types of oil with its health properties;
- flowers - also a fully legal oil that does not contain narcotic substances, but only therapeutic;
- from marijuana - called THC. This oil is completely illegal due to the fact that it has a high content of THC, a narcotic substance responsible for intoxication and addiction. Both possession and sale are prohibited and punished.
CBD oil is most often obtained by enriching the seed oil with flower oil. For obvious reasons, THC extracts are rejected and are not available for sale. However, people interested in the medical use of hemp have the opportunity to reach for the extremely effective CBD oil.
What health-promoting properties does CBD have?
There are numerous medicinal properties of CBD oil that have been the main argument of supporters of legalizing marijuana for years. The answer to this was the possibility of selling and using those hemp extracts that do not have psychoactive properties, are health-promoting and in no way degrade the body of the user. Consequently, CBD oils are used because they have properties:
- stimulating the nervous system and regenerating nerve cells;
- antioxidant - reduces oxidative stress and slows down the aging process of cells;
- anti-inflammatory - inhibits and fights the inflammatory process;
- antipsychotic - wakes up and cleanses the mind, allows you to fight drugs and psychosis. It also has a relaxing effect, making it easier to fall asleep;
- immunological - clearly improves the body's natural immunity;
- dermatological - fights skin diseases, rejuvenates and accelerates the wound healing process;
For which diseases it is worth using CBD oil?
One of the biggest advantages of CBD oil is that it can be used both in the treatment of specific diseases and in a prophylactic form. Some people recommend using this oil on a par with daily supplementation and a healthy diet. Of course, the correct dosage of the oil is necessary, depending on the product chosen. For what diseases can we reach for CBD? Experts point out that CBD oil is used as an adjuvant in the treatment of a number of chronic diseases. Among them, the following can be mentioned:
- Alzheimer's disease;
- multiple sclerosis;
CBD has properties that inhibit gag reflexes and strengthen the body and appetite. Therefore, it is used during chemotherapy, especially since it does not interfere with the therapeutic process itself. It is successfully used to treat allergies. What's more, CBD oil is extremely helpful in treating depression because it can improve your mood without having a psychoactive effect on the brain.
CBD oil in cosmetics
Among the many valuable effects of CBD oil, it is worth mentioning its internal and external effects. It can be noticed that hemp oil works very well on the skin, which is especially useful for people suffering, for example, from seborrheic folliculitis, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis or acne. The oil both intensely nourishes and moisturizes the skin, and regenerates it. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory effect, it additionally protects us against other skin diseases.