Add products by adding codes
Hemp seeds - health properties
Hemp seeds are a wealth of vitamins and minerals. They contain an ideal ratio of Omega-3 and 6 acids and amino acids, and are an excellent source of protein. Because of the positive effects they have on the human body, they have been dubbed a superfood. Find out how to implement hemp seeds into your diet!
Hemp - what does it help?
Hemp seeds improve the lipid profile of the blood, thus reducing the risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack and stroke. They also improve the functioning of the digestive system, as well as the condition of the skin, hair and nails. Systematic consumption of hemp seeds naturally boosts the body's immunity.
Hemp seeds for eating - how to consume them?
There are 3 forms of hemp seeds we can choose from, which we can buy in the shop depending on our preferences. The first is shelled seeds, which have a high amount of protein and fats. The unshelled seeds have a higher fibre content and a slightly nutty aftertaste. The third option is their ground form, which can be added to baked homemade bread, for example. Hemp seeds can be used according to preference, e.g. in vegetable salads, yoghurts, muesli and sweet desserts. Whichever form we choose, they will all have a positive effect on the body and replenish vitamin and mineral deficiencies, as well as improving the appearance of the skin and mood.
Hemp seeds and THC
We can distinguish between two types of hemp: cannabis and seed. Cannabis contains around 20% THC and it is from this that cannabis is produced, which has a psychoactive effect on the body and leads to a so-called high. In our country, the possession of cannabis with more than 0.2% THC is prohibited and risks criminal liability. Cannabis seeds sold in e.g. health food shops do not contain psychoactive ingredients in them. They have a THC level of less than 0.2% and are therefore completely safe and have no negative side effects. The CBD substances they contain help to treat a wide range of illnesses and ailments, as well as improving wellbeing and benefiting the whole body.
Hemp seeds and health
Hemp seeds are called superfoods for a reason. They provide the body with vitamins, antioxidants, dietary fibre, enzymes and strengthen the immune system. What do we find in 100g of hemp seeds?
- vitamin C, B1, B2, B6, D, E and niacin;
- calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, manganese, copper, phosphorus;
- soluble and insoluble fibre;
- 28%-35% fat, of which 80%-90% is unsaturated fatty acids;
- essential amino acids;
- 20-25% well digestible protein;
- stearic acid (fatty);
- ORAC value of 5300/100 g - the ORAC value indicates the level of ability to absorb free radicals. For comparison, the ORAC value in avocados is 782.
In which diseases is hemp helpful?
Hemp seeds consumed systematically will contribute to the better functioning of the body. They have a very broad spectrum of applications, so it is worth taking care of your body and mind by consuming it prophylactically. Among other things, what do the seeds do?
- treatment of skin diseases, e.g. psoriasis, eczema, dandruff, chapped skin;
- regulation of normal thyroid hormone levels;
- improving fertility and potency in men;
- supporting the prevention of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases
- treatment of chronic diseases such as cancer, rheumatism, diabetes;
- migraine pain, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis;
- maintenance of a healthy gut;
- preventing premature ageing by protecting DNA and cells from free radical attack.
Hemp seeds added to food is the best way to keep your health and immunity in good shape.