Add products by adding codes
Pumpkin seed oil 250ml
- referred to by some as 'green gold', is an easily digestible oil due to its specific composition of unsaturated fatty acids. It contains vitamins: E, B1, B2, B6, large amounts of vitamins: A, C and D, zinc, potassium and selenium, and phytosterols.
A knowledge pill about this product:
Pumpkin seed oil, called 'green gold' by some, is obtained by cold-pressing pumpkin seeds. This process results in a greenish-brown vegetable oil, which is characterised by a nutty taste and smell. It contains approximately 80% of the unsaturated fatty acids necessary for the body to function properly, 60% of which are polyunsaturated (linoleic acid).
Pumpkin oil is an easily digestible oil due to its specific composition of unsaturated fatty acids. It also contains other nutrients, i.e. vitamins: E, B1, B2, B6, large amounts of vitamins: A, C and D, zinc, potassium and selenium, and phytosterols.
Nutritional values per 100 ml:
|3700 kJ/900 kcal
|Saturated fatty acids
Monounsaturated fatty acids
Polyunsaturated fatty acids
In cosmetics it is recommended
- for wounds and irritations
- for all skin types, especially: sensitive, dry, vascular, flaky, cracked and mature skin
- reduces wrinkles
- moisturises and firms the skin
- helps fight eczema
- helps fight stretch marks
- as a hair conditioner it adds shine and cares for hair ends
- due to its colour, it can slightly stain the skin, so it is recommended to dilute it with another light oil.
In the kitchen:
Pumpkin seed oil is one of the most distinctive natural fats. Compared to many other vegetable oils, it stands out for its taste, texture and colour.
A feature that definitely gives it character is its aftertaste - reminiscent of the taste of nuts. Thanks to this, pumpkin seed oil will go perfectly with:
- dry dishes as well as sweet dishes.
- salad dressing
- as a sauce for ice cream
- as a topping for buckwheat groats, rice, couscous, potatoes
- goes very well with cottage cheese, eggs and all kinds of vegetable pastes such as hummus, tahini, sunflower seed paste and bean paste
- as an accompaniment to bread
- Please note that pumpkin seed oil should only be consumed cold. When heated, the oil loses its beneficial properties. It needs to be stored in a cool, dark place out of direct sunlight and, once opened, in the refrigerator.
The content presented here is for informational purposes only. It is not medical advice, and must not be understood or interpreted as such. Information relating to health issues is not a substitute for specialist medical advice.
Capacity: 250 ml
Store in a tightly closed bottle at 5-25°C. Protect from sunlight, keep out of the reach of children. Once opened, store in the refrigerator. Do not exceed the minimum shelf life date on the packaging.
Oil may contain natural sediment.